Preventive Measures Against Chlamydia Infection
How to Cure Chlamydia?
Of course you should first consult with the doctor that will define the stage of the illness. Usually initial stages can be easily cured by antibiotics such as azithromycin and doxycycline.
In some cases, additional treatment is prescribed (immunotherapy, prostate massage, urethral instillation, physiotherapy, etc.).
If chlamydia is chronic (or complicated), antibiotic therapy takes longer time and often it is combined (several antibiotics are used). Also additional treatment such as immunotherapy, urethral instillations, physiotherapy and so on is prescribed.
- Take all medications-even if you start feeling better before the prescription overed.
- Inform all your partners as treatment should be applied to all of them.
- Abstain from sexual relations until all your partners will be treated.
How to avoid Chlamydia?
- Safe sex – use latex condoms during the whole time of intercorse every time you have oral, vaginal or anal sex.
- In addition to the first item, you can use water-based spermicides along with condoms. Suitable only for vaginal sex.
- Permanent and trustworthy sexual partners and open communication between partners.
- Regular preventive examinations.
- Usage of personal hygiene products.
- Comprehensive examination for pregnants.