Dangerous Symptoms – Painful Urination (Dysuria)
Painful urination and other troubles associated with this process are the most common symptoms of genitourinary system diseases like inflammatory processes, sexually transmitted infections, and urolithiasis.
There are cases when pain is accompanied by disturbances of urination: rapid urge to urinate, increased amount of produced urine, nocturnal urges. These might be the symptoms related to violation of innervation and acute inflammation of the bladder called cystitis. The negative consequences of this disease are very serious, so we strongly recommend to attend doctor as soon as possible.
Also there are cases when patients complain of painful urination after they had sexual contact. If it’s a slight discomfort the reason is that the swollen seed tubercle has not assumed its normalsize. If you feel pain and it is pretty strong – consult with a specialist.
What Are the Most Typical Reasons for Painful Urination?
- BPH – is a benign tumor that does not give metastasis and causes an increase in the prostate gland. Painful urination, retention and even urinary incontinence are characteristic symptoms of BPH. The reasons for it is that the prostate gland surrounding the urethra, squeezes it, disrupting the outflow of urine.
The only way out is surgery. The goal of the surgery is to remove excess prostate tissue. It is not that the whole prostate needs to be operated, but only the part that squeezes the urethra, preventing urination.
- Gonorrhea. Actually we have a special page on our website, dedicated to this particular disease, so here we’ll give just some short info. It is an infectious disease caused by a specific pathogen (gonococcus), it is mostly transmitted through sexual intercourse and characterized, mainly, by damage to the mucous membranes of the urogenital organs.
- Candidiasis. We also have separate page for it, so here we’ll be short too. Candidiasis is caused by yeast-like fungi called Candida. The emergence of candidiasis can indicate the presence of serious diseases like diabetes, HIV infection, etc.
- Prostatitis. It is an inflammatory disease of the prostate gland. We believe that you can find much information in regards to it in the Internet as it is one the most wide-spread diseases among men. Main reasons for it are passive lifestyle, excessive alcohol consumption, irregular sex, prolonged abstinence, hypothermia, sexually transmitted diseases (gonorrhea, chlamydia, ureaplasmosis, etc.), stress, inadequate nutrition with excess of spicy food, smoked foods and extractives.
- Cancer of the bladder. Today, it is not possible to establish the exact reasons for it, but there are some risk-factors: smoking, cystitis, the habit of delaying a visit to the toilet at the first urge, radiation therapy in the pelvic area.
- Ureaplasmosis Genitourinary infections – is the disease that is transmitted only through sexual contact. It is caused by specific pathogen bacteria, called Mycoplasmataceae. During the treatment it is necessary to refuse from a sexual life or it is obligatory to use a condom. It is necessary to follow a diet (exclude spicy food, salty, fried meals and alcohol).
- Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease. We also have special page on our website for it where you can find all the detailed information about this particular disease.
- Cervicitis. It is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the cervical canal. This is a women’s disease. With infectious cervicitis doctor prescribes antibiotics.
When it is viral – antiviral drugs may be recommended. If a woman with cervicitis is pregnant, then a professional consultation of a specialist in infectious diseases will be required.
- Cystitis – it is bladder inflammation, i.e. infection of the urinary tract. It occurs in men and women, and in second it is much more often. This is due to the peculiarity of the female urethra structure.
How to Treat Painful Urination?
Have you seen the list above? These are only some common kinds of diseases that has painful urinations as a symptom and each of these diseases has it’s own treatment. There is no ready solution, we can only recommend you to visit a specialist that will make tests and give you an accurate diagnosis.
Painful Urination During the Pregnancy
Some women complain about painful urination when they’re ready to give birth to a child. It is absolutely not a secret that pregnancy makes women more amenable to UTIs, their body is drastically changing and inside of the genitourinary system there are conditions that contribute to the bacterial growth. Any kind of discomfort or pain (except frequent urination) is a sign of an STI or an UTI that may lead to kidney infection and need immediate medical advice.